This recipe combine many brain superfoods into one delicious meal that packs a punch. Recipe to follow.
- Kale is rich in Vitamins A, C and K, plant-based fatty acids, iron, and carotenoids, all of which nourish the brain.
- Egg yolk is rich is choline, the building block of acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter involved in memory. Eggs are also a rich source of Vitamin D, deficiency of which has been associated with depression and dementia.
- Butternut squash
- Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E, needed for a healthy nervous system.
- Butternut squash is packed with carotenoids, which act as antioxidants, protecting the brain against damage from free radicals. It’s also a great source of vitamin A.
- Quinoa is loaded with essential minerals, including manganese, needed for neurotransmission.